Information on the benefits of a durable and stylish flooring option.
Benefits of Vinyl FlooringWith the vast variety of great flooring options available to homeowners these days, choosing the right type, never mind color and pattern, can often be a confusing and frustrating process. There are many factors to consider, and what works well in one situation won’t work at all in another. One type of flooring however can be used successfully almost anywhere in the home, and that’s vinyl.Invented just before the outbreak of WWII, vinyl flooring quickly overtook linoleum as the all-purpose flooring favorite, and remains the most popular low-cost choice today.
- Plenty of variety in color and design. Vinyl is available in just about any color, and in many different types of designs, and can mimic natural materials like stone and wood to the point you have to look close to tell the difference. And it can be mixed and matched to create a unique look.
- It’s extremely durable. Vinyl is highly resistant to dirt and stains, and can be nearly waterproof if it hasn’t been damaged, making it an excellent choice for the laundry room, kitchen, or bathroom. If taken care of, vinyl flooring can last a very long time.
- Easy to maintain. Because its ability to battle dirt and stains, and with proper maintenance, your vinyl floors can look great for years.
- It’s comfortable. Vinyl flooring is softer than solid flooring options like tile or wood, and padding can be installed underneath for even more comfort. And it doesn’t feel as cold as other types of solid flooring.
- With proper installation, your new vinyl floors will be ready sooner than most flooring processes.